I could not sleep during Mumbai attack, says Tendulkar
India batting stalwart Sachin Tendulkar said images of the terrorist attacks in Mumbai last week had “left him numb and saddened.”
India beat England in the day-night fifth One-Dayer in Cuttack on Wednesday (November 26) when terrorists went on a three-day rampage in Mumbai, killing 183 people.
“Right after the match, we got to know of the attack and since then I have been disturbed,” the record-breaking batsman told a news channel.
have been tracking the horrific images of mayhem on television. It saddened me to see my countrymen being targetted,” Mumbai’s favourite son and Test cricket’s highest run-getter and century maker added.
He may have made many bowlers lose their sleep by his explosive batting but Sachin Tendulkar could not close his eyes on the night the terror struck Mumbai, so disturbed was he.
“I couldn’t sleep all this time. I am numb, the images keep playing in my head. This was just not an attack on Mumbai, it is an attack on India.”
Tendulkar saluted the security persons who risked their lives to save the people of Mumbai.
“I thank the brave soldiers, the NSG commandos, marine commandos, Mumbai police, fire brigade personnel, the staff of the affected hotel and the innumerable officers and jawans who stood in the line of fire. I salute you,” he said.
The last two One-Day matches were cancelled because of security concerns as the tourists returned home but appear set to return for the two-test series starting on December 11.